Saturday, December 12, 2015

LITTLE SOMETHING EXTRA...FOR SOMEONE...



      
Sigh...looks like you're it, little tree. 
         Only tree left on the lot so...guess what?
                                I choose you!
 

 
Hey, I didn't mean you were ugly...you just looked
awful lonely out there by yourself. 
Here, take my blankie...
you'll like it. 
Now there, is that better?
 
 

 
 
                             
I knew it, I knew it...you just needed some love!
       You're the prettiest tree in the world!  Wow!

                                       
* These three pictures of Linus and the little tree are taken from Peanuts by Charles Schulz.  Some of the words are mine combined with some of Schulz's thoughts/words. 
Thanks to him for his genius!

This time of the year is wonderful, in ever so many ways.  I feel like Christmas is every day ~ for many reasons but mainly because of the great improvement in Michael's health.

Add to that the birth of our very first great grandchild, and a girl at that.  This part of the Beall clan has been loaded with males...now we've girls.  M said it would be amazing if our great-grands would all be girls...sure would.  Ellie is a week old and of course she is beautifully gorgeous.  Why not?

Another blessing is a healthy and contented family...on the whole! 

Looking around...reading, listening brings to mind others who, at this particular time, are not so fortunate.  Sickness pops up at very inopportune times...as it did with us last Christmas.  We had great plans to spend a few days with our family a couple of hours from here.

Didn't happen...Christmas Eve Michael was very ill and just couldn't make it out of bed.  So, we spent Christmas at home, medicating and meditating.  By Sunday he was hospitalized until New Year's Eve.  Hey, we had a wonderful series of late celebrations and everything ended well.

Stuff happens!  Right?  A few years ago one of our sons was given the unpleasant task of terminating an employee just before Christmas.  He shared with us his feelings that day...said he drove around the block several times before he could go in to break the news of someone's termination.  How sad is that?  And yet, it happens quite often.  Bleak news to cast a pall on a beautiful holiday!

For some, it's a Christmas...
their first Christmas...without a loved one that passed on.  
For some, it's a Christmas...
one of many...w/out their loved one who is serving our country.
For some, it's a Christmas...
of being homeless.
For some, it's a Christmas...
of being in Rehab.
For some, it's a Christmas...
of being a Scrooge.
For some, it's a Christmas...
of sharing and caring.
For you, it's a Christmas...of...?

I have everything I can think of...I want nothing.  Others may have nothing and I'd never know it.  I try to keep my eyes wide open, searching the faces and actions of others ~ who knows what's going on inside...behind those eyes?

It doesn't need to be some big deal...it doesn't.  Think of people you know who might be going through some difficult times...think of those who might want or need a little happy thought, a touch, smile, card...opportunities are endless, right? 

I'm often the recipient of little things.  Like what?  I encounter the nicest people while grocery shopping...I actually enjoy the grocery experience.  This week there was a elderly gentleman behind me in the check-out line and before I could begin he totally unloaded my cart...very meticulously! 

Same day, a tiny little lady couldn't find gingerbread mix...no wonder; she was so short she just couldn't see that high up!  We had a fun time selecting it; she was charming and appreciative.  Also met another one of those big, policemen and was able to tell him how proud/happy I was of how the police protect us...he was so nice.

Sometimes people simply want to share very personal feelings; it does us good to share and express how those things affect us...you never know! 

I am reminded that Christmas isn't a date, it's a state of mind...24/7. 
Something I am trying to practice...God, please help me do this.

In closing, since these pictures are from Peanuts and Charles Schulz, here's a quote from the talented gentleman:
Christmas is doing a little something extra for someone." 

Merry Christmas...A little something from my heart, to yours! 
 

Vasca





No comments:

Post a Comment