Friday, February 27, 2015

WAKE UP...

"Every day someone wakes up feeling unappreciated, 
unloved &/or unworthy.
They won't tell you.
They still smile through the pain."
Anonymous
 
Have you ever felt that way...Unappreciated?  Unloved?  Unworthy?
 
I have but that seems long ago...hopefully I've overcome those feelings.  Takes work, right?  
 
Is it due to loneliness or could it be sorrow?  I don't know; for me it was just a general unhappiness with something I didn't understand; perhaps I didn't want to understand.  Whatever the reason, it happened.  Sadly enough, I wasn't the only one affected which made matters worse.  Happy ending anyway...just took a painfully long while.
 
Okay, that's in the past; things became better with time.  I forgave myself, I was forgiven and hopefully the dark things were forgotten, as they should be.  Life is better.  
 
I wonder though how many are caught in that trap...waking up every day feeling somewhat worthless; unloved, unappreciated?  
 
Something else, how many are suffering tragedies in their lives that are tearing them apart?  It's sometimes difficult to know exactly what to say...I read this today:
 
“The best thing you can say to someone going through a tragic loss is not that
"It's going to be alright"
It is: "Hold on tight because this is going
to hurt like you cannot imagine".”
 
Somehow life continues...the clock keeps ticking...time passes.

Watching, reading, listening to the news might make one wonder; how can we survive when the world seems drowning in evil, dissension and hatred?  At times it seems almost impossible to keep our heads above water but we must do it. 


Basically I am a very happy person but being happy may be more difficult for some than others; might try this. 
Wake up,
do your best,
sleep and
repeat.

Someone looked at it like this with 7 rules:
Never hate
Don't worry,
Live simple,
Expect a little,
Give a lot,
Always smile,
And keep in touch with GOD.


Put those together w/emphasis on the last & things might be better, you think?
From my grateful heart...to yours,
Vasca

1 comment:

  1. I believe we all experience those times, for some it's more severe, maybe even clinical, than for others. I am glad you made it out of the hole and you have always seems so upbeat to me. Life is good.

    ReplyDelete