Monday, January 5, 2015

DIZZY-TIZZY

 
"I do a lot of reading, meditating, and praying
to stay as grounded as I can be in this crazy world."
 
 
What d'ya mean, it's here?  
Not ready for a new year, where'd the last one run off to? 
Best get my groove on...you think?   
 
Well now...people are busy recovering from too much shopping...credit cards...bank accounts...piggy banks probably need replenishing.  Did I hear 'too much food'?  Guess so, why else would the gyms be so crowded w/new members...recovering from something, you think?
 
Well, this is time or rather was the time for resolutions...at least that's the talk...people are back to work, back to school...five days into the new year already!  Time flies. 
 
I don't have a list...but I do have some thoughts.
 
The first few paragraphs of this post were in place prior to Christmas...how appropriate they became after 'our holiday'. 
 
M and I were turned upside-down Christmas Eve day when he had a big, bad breathing problem; we were seen in the ER, x-rayed and discovered he had pleurisy.  A few days after Christmas we were at Baylor All-Saints in Ft. Worth being admitted with pneumonia and what was called 'altered mental status'...aka hallucinations caused from the infection. 
 
Trust me here...I had hours and hours of meditating, praying and doing my best to stay grounded in the crazy world I was plunged into w/no warning...none!  It was without a doubt the most terrifying experience in my life...bar none! 
 
Somehow I stayed level and God got me through it w/o incident. 
 
I have run a gamut of emotions...have they impacted my thinking, my life?  Definitely, oh so definitely...in every way. 
 
Tears have come...tears are still coming and I know they will continue...that's okay 'cause tears are good...healthy!
 
Tears of thanksgiving, tears of recognition. 
Recognition of how powerful love is...
how powerful families are...
how powerful God is and always will be. 
Oh my, everything that's said about the power of love is right on...so right on. 
 
It's okay to cry about such powerful things, right? 
 
What's my plan for the year, then?  Well, here it is and this was in place weeks ago!
 
"Resolution One:
I will live for God.
Resolution Two:
If no one else does, I still will."
Jonathan Edwards
 
There it is...in print...for me to see...to remember...to do!  I promise to live by this!
 
Happy New Year...From my happy heart...to yours,
Vasca
 

2 comments:

  1. So sorry that your holiday was upside down. Hope M is doing better. With your faith, I know you will be fine but that doesn't make it any easier. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kate. He's slowly improving...the 'altered mental status' was the bugaboo. Wow, what a ride! Much smoother going now; just a day at a time. Lookin' up!

    ReplyDelete