Wednesday, December 17, 2014

LITTLE THINGS...


MERRY CHRISTMAS
 
"It's the little things that count, hundreds of 'em."
Cliff Shaw
 
Christmas Day is almost here...and how wonderful it is.  To me, it's one of the most beautiful times of the year...everything seems more warm, more loving...lots of goodness just waiting to be discovered. 
 
Okay, there's always a little 'bah-humbug-ing' but that can be overlooked...doesn't dampen my enthusiasm...what about yours?
 
I have nothing on 'my list' of wants for Christmas...nor does Michael.  Both of us are absolutely content ~ happy with what we have and where we are...24/7. 
 
How could we ask for anything when we have so much? 
 
After many years our four sons are all within the area from Aledo to Richardson...how good is that?  That means all twenty-two of us are able to be together...well, together with prior scheduling and planning...you know how that is, right?
 
Being with loved ones is something that almost takes one's breath...warm and happy...like out of a storybook...perfect.
 
It's sad that not everyone is having that experience...lots of bumps cause broken spirits...broken hearts...misery, anger and tears. 
 
Sometimes a boss has no choice but to let someone go during the holidays...a bummer.  Sickness comes along at inopportune times...some are not so bad, others are deadly.  Marriages collapse...friendships fracture. 
Heartaches and heartbreaks don't take a break so the season can be bleak for many.
 
It's ever so easy to say, "Bless you, I'll pray for you.  Merry Christmas".  I need to think about that...and take positive steps to do more.  More what?  Well, more of what might be needed by that person. 
 
You know, the one who has the sad eyes...the one who can't smile...the one who looks down and out...crushed...miserable.  Looking the other way doesn't cut it...those faces stay in the heart.  
 
Remember, it's Christmas; the majority of the world is celebrating Christ's birthday...
He is the reason for the season.  And here's my thinking...I've no need to wait until I can do some 'big' thing for someone.
 
He has this way of giving me multiple opportunities every week to do something for someone. He's great about that...and I like it...I really do!
 
I just need to keep in mind: "It's the little things that count, hundreds of 'em." 
 
Merry Christmas!
From my heart...to yours,
Vasca

2 comments:

  1. It is a wonderful season and you are lucky to have your family near. I have turned off the nasty news and am focusing on all that is good. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you, Kate. The nasty news is just that...nasty and it's refreshing to take leave of it and focus on the good things...there is lots of goodness everywhere.
    We are so excited to be with family...there's something very special when we're together...all I want for Christmas is that...family togetherness. Merry Christmas to you too, friend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete