Tuesday, September 2, 2014

BEAUTIFUL MORNING...

 

 
 "The moment when you first wake up in the morning
is the most wonderful of the twenty-four hours. 
No matter how weary or dreary you may feel,
you possess the certainty that, during the day that lies before you,
absolutely anything may happen. 
And the fact that it practically always doesn't, matters not a jot. 
The possibility is always there." 
Monica Baldwin
 
 
My personal past week has been a roller-coaster ride...lots of yank-ups and gut-wrenching downs...w/some curves thrown in.  Quite frankly I'm surprised at how well I've handled it...must say prayers have gone up and good things are taking place with more to come.  I'm thankfully confident, composed and cheerful...I believe it's the only way to go! 
 
Fortunately for me (and for Michael) I wake up happy and smiling...mmm!  Anxious to see what's going to take place during the day...who knows?  And just as the quote says 'absolutely anything may happen...the possibility is always there.'   Inspiration can come anytime...anywhere...from anyone!
 
Example: Last Thursday afternoon M & I were in a medical waiting room.
Since there were only four of us in the waiting room, I couldn't help but notice the older lady sitting across the room w/her aide. I supposed she was also there for a procedure...she was a busy bee...talking and laughing with her helper, a very attractive woman.  All seemed to be going well. 
 
After a short time a technician came out to talk to her; explaining (due to her condition) they would need to do a different procedure.  They told her why the change was necessary and she would need to return another day.  She very slowly processed the change and eventually let it sink in...all was still well. 
 
The tech left again, to reschedule her, got a date/time then returned to notify her.  That went well until the helper said, "Sweetie, I can't bring you then because I'm not with you that day."  She explained again...and again.  It just wouldn't process.  This little lady politely went to pieces and began crying...enter the second tech.  The woman wept...then wailed...she didn't understand...she misunderstood...and sadly, she was crushed.
 
I was in tears, watching...listening...witnessing the heart wrenching drama.  She sobbed that no one ever paid attention to her...no one understood her...she had given her all for her family...her life?  At that point in time, to her, life was finished..."Don't you understand?  No one...no one understands...no one."
 
Those two techies?  Her aide?  Angels sent from above...one was bent over her, with her arm around her shoulder...the other one was squatting on knees in front of her and they soothed and comforted her incessantly.  The aide completed their circle of caring concern.  It took much talking, lots of time to pacify her but they were most reassuring.  Finally she seemed to relax...and everyone took long, deep breaths!
 
Imagine the relief when she began smiling...apologizing...assuring everyone she had it together again.  Then she stood, braced herself in her walker as she and her aide began moving toward the door.  The two techs followed; all the while talking ever so gently to her. 
 
Ah, made it to the door but wait a sec'...she stopped, flashed one big smile and said, "How about we have a group hug?"  Of course, of course.  There, in the doorway, all four shared arms in an awesomely sweet hug.
 
That was one, touching experience!  One of the techs came over to me and apologized for the lengthy wait (I was next in the chute)...not a problem...no way!  That could be me one day...who's to know?   This sweet little lady was only two years my senior. 

On an ordinary day in a medical waiting room a wonderful possibility took place; inspiring me to be a better person...imagine, just imagine!   

Shifting gears, please indulge me as I share w/you a bit of personal history that occurred once upon a time...when I was one totally different person. 
 
Waking up 'happy and excited' to see what a new day brings?  That was definitely not my cup of coffee...no way!

                                      

All my thoughts were on sleeping;
"Leave me alone;
I'm not getting dressed,
I'm not going out,
I'm not talking to people,
I'm not seeing people!
And I'm certainly not
sleeping in a toaster.
Get it???"

 
                                                                     
'They'...whoever 'they' are...say about some things...you can't get well 'til you hit rock bottom.  'They' pretty much know what they're talking about 'cause I was there...no where to go but checking out which was not a good thing...no way!
 
I'm eternally grateful for those who loved me enough to step up, force me to face reality...told me the truth about myself which broke my heart and hurt, oh so much... but it worked and gave me a new lease on life!      
 
These days I open my eyes each morning, stretch and wonder what possibilities might pop up today...I smile and think how wonderful Father is to give me a beautiful new day filled with possibilities. 
 
Hmm, maybe I'll have another inspiring example to lead me to...who knows what?   Twenty-four more wonderful hours filled with lots of good things...all kinds of goodies!
 
Want to know something?  I'm totally excited thinking of what lies ahead! 

From my heart...to yours,
Vasca  

4 comments:

  1. What an absolutely upbeat post! We've all had days like that lady but usually we try to get home before we fall apart. It was great to have people react in such a positive way and bring her around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought of her again this morning...9:15 was her MRI appointment time; I hope she did well.
    It's amazing what goes on around us; my antenna is always up and active!
    Cats and people...fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! That is all I can say. You are such an inspirational person to listen to. I hope someday I can get half of the wisdom and knowledge that you have learned over the years. You are so insightful and full of poise. I am so grateful that you casually told me about this blog. I hope you have a blessed day. Looking forward to hearing more. Thank you for sharing.

    Kamra (MedPeds Medical)

    ReplyDelete
  4. And thank you for such nice words...I am in awe of the doctor and his staff. All of you make visits a pleasure...I admire all of you!

    ReplyDelete