Wednesday, April 16, 2014

STRESS TEST...



 
 

Isn't it appropriate that the month of the tax
begins with April Fool's Day
and ends with cries of 'May Day'?
Rob Knauerhase
 
I've heard it said two things in life are certain; death and taxes.  Sounds logical...the tax deadline for filing was the 15th...Tuesday...extensions are out there, among other things. 
 
We've used the same 'tax person' for years; each year his complaint list is longer and louder.  His name?  Michael...he's my calm, peaceful husband until?  Tax time.  I really thought he was going to 'lose it' this time around...why does the government make it so complicated for simple minded people who don't have much to file for?  Go figure...right, go figure a lot...all about figures/numbers anyway!  Besides Federal we also must file w/Oklahoma...which gets screwier each year! 
 
An army colonel wrote today that he finished his taxes yesterday, tried to e-file and IRS refused it...stating it had already been filed.  He's heard from others the same thing happened to them...someone else has filed on their Social Security numbers.   Are Lois Lerner and the IRS people moonlighting?  Nothing would be surprising...it's a total mess! 
 
Well, that...along with a myriad of other things...would cause even zebra's to lose their stripes and it's possibly stress related.  Good thing we, the people, don't have striped bodies or we'd really be 'streaking', right?
 
It's Spring, taxes are filed and packed away for another year (hopefully there will be no audit);                                                           Michael is potting red geraniums (our favorites)...the house is clean (just don't look in drawers or closets)...but I've really been on edge!  Whether it's the wind...I don't do well in wind...or simply a cycle I'm in; what matters is my thought process, my emotions have been like a whirling Dervish lately. 
 
Oh boy, by this time you're thinking "she really needs psychiatric help' but things are better today.  I'm really not a fruitcake...honestly, I'm not.  Don't you know that storms just happen in life?  Some small, some whoppers; most of us have our share, right?  Of course we do...all of us.     
 
Have a look at this next picture; this is one of the most awesome pictures I've seen of a tornado cloud...oooh, it's really scary, right?  We lived just a few miles from here for ten years and saw lots of dark, grey clouds & funnels but nothing like this; looks like a UFO hovering over the land. 

Michael thinks it resembles something from the scriptures;
like Christ coming in a cloud.  Along that line, I've begun concentrating more on what the world is thinking of these days...that would be the resurrection of Christ. 
Picture Courtesy of Meteorologist Lacy Swope
Taken at Wilson, Oklahoma April 2014 
 
Easter Sunday is just a few days away and there's much to process...actually we've been studying and talking about this for some weeks...and today...today, I finally have my priorities, my thinking in sensible order along with clearing the storm clouds out of my heart, my life.
 
I, Vasca...have been blest beyond my wildest imaginations!
I have nothing...absolutely nothing to complain about...
I have a home that I so enjoy...
I have a partner that loves me unconditionally...
I have a family that is full of God's goodness...
I have a church family; a bevy of friends who support me...where can I stop?
My list is endless...I have been and continue to be blest by?
 
A Father...an awesomely...most magnificent Father who loves me unconditionally; who is always there for me.......
No matter what?  Yes, no matter what.
 
It's almost inconceivable that He gave of himself to die for me...insignificant me...so that I could live with Him forever.  The thing is, I'm not insignificant to Him...I'm special...so are you!
 
You're probably a much more 'settled' individual that me...I hope so.  I've been high; I've been low...I've done foolish things in my life but guess what?  He doesn't remember!
 
"No one’s ever seen or heard anything like this,
Never so much as imagined anything quite like it—
What God has arranged for those who love him."
I Corinthians 2:9 (The Message)
 
So?  While I've been taxed lately...it's over and done with; I know that all's well and all will be well because I love him, He loves me and...He has the key to my heart.  That's so good...a peaceful calm after the storm...thank you!
From my heart...as always...to yours,
Vasca


6 comments:

  1. Saw something a few weeks ago: Anything you have above nothing came from God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's good...and true. I don't understand those who reject God. Thanks for posting...hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been up and down too lately. I blame it on a very reluctant spring. Warm, then cold, my body can't get used to it. Then there are taxes and planning to do. I'll be glad when it's May! Maybe then I can count my blessings without a sweater on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate, it was so like Winter here yesterday and then today was like a breath of fresh, beautiful air. No wonder we're up and down. I'm all for spring and summer for awhile...winter be gone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am unfamiliar with BlogSpot. Is there a way I can subscribe to your blog so I get a notice when you post?

    ReplyDelete
  6. About some things I am a total zero. I have 'a list' and each time I write a new post I notify w/e-mail. Send me your e-mail address and I'll add you, if that's okay with you. Thanks so much for reading me.
    beallmichael@att.net

    ReplyDelete